TOPIC: Social inclusion of diverse students – Primary education
DETAILS: International best practices
NAME: Srishti Singh
Guide: Divya Behl
- To study how potent a tool primary education is to make the society more socially inclusive.
- Study the provisions in the existing policies and the practices adopted abroad which aim at making the classroom more inclusive; come up with policy recommendations accordingly.
Week 1: 9 June – 15 June
- Read literature on social inclusion
- Formulate a definition of social inclusion
- Read literature on the importance of primary education
- Study RTE
Week 2: 16 June- 22 June
- Look at other schemes or policy recommendations of Commissions such as that of Kothari Commission, DMP 2021.
- Study the primary education policies adopted by foreign countries and understand how they promote social inclusion
- Look at secondary quantitative data- enrolment rate
Week 3: 23 June-29 June
- Understand how qualitative research is done – how to prepare questionnaires etc.
- Identify people to be interviewed:
- Government officials
- Prepare questionnaires
- Start primary research
- Prepare mid term presentation
Week 4: 30 June- 6 July
- Continue with interviews
- Make a rough draft of best practices
- Consult the stakeholders again to analyse the feasibility of the proposed best practices to be adopted
Week 5: 7 July- 13 July
- Prepare first draft of the paper
Week 6: 14-18 July
- Final presentation
- Make appropriate changes according to the feedback