Group Project: Arjun, Dhriti, Shefalika
Research Question: What are the procedural discrepancies in reimbursing school owners under the government’s 25% reservation policy introduced in the RTE?
Plan of Action
Purpose: To study the procedural discrepancies arising in reimbursing private school owners in Uttarakhand under government’s 25 percent reservation policy discussed in the RTE. Document the detailed procedure for reimbursement (documents required, income criteria etc.) and analyze the causes of discrepancies arising.
Stage 1: 10th June- 17th June
Study of relevant documents.
- Literature review of implications of reimbursement of 25% reservation.
- Study the state and central level documents of the relevant sections of RTE concerning reimbursement.
- Identify any variations in the legislations at state and central level.
Stage 2: 18th June to 24th June
- Study the detailed procedure of reimbursement as stated in RTE.
- Drafting the framework, outline and structure of the paper.
- Analyse the procedural discrepancies arising in the process of reimbursement and its reasons.
Stage 3: 25th June to 2nd July
- Designing questionnaire.
- Conversational interview with stakeholders: Principal, Government (Education officers), parents, teachers etc.
– Understanding the difficulties faced by school owners who have implemented 25% reservation (non-payment of stipulated amount, late payment etc.)
– Understanding the reasons (pertaining to reimbursement) which has to non- implementation of 25% reservation in its true spirit.
- Explore various loopholes in existing policy pertaining to reimbursement and how school owner’s use it evade from their responsibility of 25% reservation.
Stage 4: 3rd July- 10th July
Compilation and analysis of data
- Document the entire process of reimbursement as stated in Uttarakhand’s RTE and the actual process carried out in schools.
- Compile and analyse the data collected. Derive conclusion.
Stage 5: 11th July- 18th July
- Writing the final draft of paper.
- Edit the paper, make necessary changes.